Who can apply: Any veteran who has served in a combat zone and who has been honorably discharged is eligible to submit an application to Warrior Expeditions.
When to apply: Warrior Expeditions is currently accepting applications for the 2021 season. Selections will be announced in January of 2021 and expeditions will start in the spring of 2021.
What is provided: Veterans will receive the equipment, clothing and supplies required to complete an expedition in addition to coordinating support in the forms of transportation, lodging and food from community supporters located along the trail.
Frequently asked questions:
1. Do expeditions adhere to a schedule? No. Expeditions start on a specific date to conduct training and orientation, but afterwards the expeditions are individually paced.
2. Do veterans travel as a group? No. Veterans start as a group to conduct training and orientation, but afterwards veterans travel at an individual pace. Many veterans choose to stay together for the camaraderie and support.
3. Can I use my own gear? No. Warrior Expeditions outfits veterans with some of the most highly rated equipment, clothing and supplies available from the outdoor retail industry to ensure that they are set up for success.
4. Can I bring my dog? Yes, if your dog is a service dog. Some trails are not suitable for dogs due to the risk of injury and or illness.
5. Can I bring family or friends? No. Family and friends can join you for short sections but not for the entire expedition.